1) One of the best ways to learn information, is to review and look over notes that you took in class, right after class is over. It keeps the material fresh in your mind.
2) Study the most important information first. For example, what the teacher hinted at or repeated over and over agin, is a good place to start.
3) Memorizing is not studying and does not make you smarter.
4) Having jazz or classical music play softly in the background can help with stress.
5) Do not study any later than the time you usually go to sleep. It can be too tempting for your body to want to go to sleep and not study.